Housing Applications and Information

Vermont State Housing Authority

The Vermont State Housing Authority, or VSHA, manages federal funding and distributes funds to housing authorities around the state, along with managing funds for a variety of programs including Section 8, Rental Assistance Funds, and Money to Move.

Housing Assistance/ Section 8 Housing Application


Stewart Property Management

Stewart Property Management is a private full service management company out of Bedford, NH with properties across Vermont, New Hampshire, Massachusetts, and Maine. In Springfield, they manage Rent Based on Income apartments and Affordable Fixed Rent Income apartments. Some of these apartments include South View and Wall Street Apartments. 

Stewart Property Listings

Stewart Properties Application:

Please note you must include a copy of your  Social Security Card and Birth Certificate for all Stewart Property Applications. Note there is a specific application for each Stewart property.



Springfield Housing Authority

The Springfield Housing Authority, or SHA, is an independent, not-for-profit organization that receives funding from the Housing and Urban Development federal agency. SHA manages affordable and income based housing around Springfield, including the Westview, Ellis Block and Woolson Block.

Springfield Housing Authority

SHA Application. Please note you must include a copy of your  Social Security Card and Birth Certificate for all Springfield Housing Authority Applications:

SHA Application


Are you interested in purchasing a house? 

Windham and Windsor Housing Authority

Based out of Brattleboro, the Windham and Windsor Housing Trust or WWHT provides permanently affordable housing solutions in southeastern Vermont, through property management, homeowner education, low-cost loans and financial assistance, and advocacy. If you are interested in homeownership, WWHT offers home ownership classes and works with clients on budgeting, see below for link.

WWHT Application

WWHT Home Ownership Class:  

How to Buy a Home

SEVCA- SouthEastern Vermont Community Action

SEVCA is a non profit organization committed to alleviating poverty in southern Vermont through collaborating and empowering those who are affected by it daily. SEVCA offers a variety of services including Financial Fitness courses and Money Management classes.


Financial Management Classes

Check the “News” section of the webpage for updates on classes offered.

If you are curious about Renter’s Rights and Fair Housing Law, the Champlain Valley Office of Economic Opportunity or CVOEO offers classes and information on Fair Housing Law in Vermont.



Social Security Card and Birth Certificate Information:

Request a replacement social security card for Vermonters

Anyone born in Vermont or New Hampshire can receive a copy of their birth certificate at their nearest town office. Contact you nearest town office, see the link below for more information:

Vital Records

Springfield Town Office Vital Records (Birth Certificate Request) There is a $10 fee for a copy of your birth certificate.

Springfield Vital Records

If you are born outside of Vermont or New Hampshire, contact the vital records office in the state you were born.

CDC Vital Records